British Riding Clubs 2018 Hat Rules and Tagging
British Eventing, British Riding Clubs and The Pony Club are delighted to announce that they have joined together
to unify the hat standards across all three Member Bodies; resulting in a single hat tag being accepted across
British Eventing, The Pony Club and British Riding Club events in 2018.
The new 'aqua' coloured hat tag will carry the logo of the body that checks the hat so that the source of the
tagging can be tracked and will mean that riders no longer have to wear multiple tags on their hats.
The 2018 hat rules includes a small change to the AS/NZS 3838 standard for The Pony Club and British Eventing,
both of which will now only be accepting from 2006 onwards. All three bodies will use an aide memoire that will
list the standards and quality assurance marks and will be used by officials.
BRC Fall Rules - NO CHANGE
Dear Members, Following the rule update from BE regarding rider falls, BRC would like to clarify that we will NOT
be adopting this rule for the 2018 season. All BRC qualifiers and championships will be run with the same fall
rule as last year. For further information, please see the current 2018 BRC Handbook.
BRC Hat Tagging Guide 2018
Body Protector Reminder
As from 1 January 2018 a BETA Level 3 2000 purple label will no longer be accepted. Body protectors must meet
BETA Level 3 2009 purple label or after. The ONLY exception to the requirement for a BETA Level 3 2009 purple
label is that Exo Body Cages will continue to be accepted, provided they have a BETA Level 3 2000 purple label.
Riders wearing Exo Body Cage protectors must inform the secretary at all events. Body protectors should
be fitted and worn as per the manufacturer's instructions.
BRC Body Protector Guide 2018
New BRC Events & Classes for 2018
• Brand new BRC Arena Eventing Championships for Juniors & Seniors, 70cm-100cm,
• teams and individuals. The Qualifiers will start from 1 Oct 2018
• Grassroots pure dressage direct entry classes at the Dressage to Music Championships.
• Have a go at a Championship venue and enjoy the atmosphere.
• Direct entry pure dressage for veteran horses & riders as at the National Championships
• Direct entry classes for retrained racehorses at the Dressage to Music Championships
• New Pairs Dressage to Music Championship class with a higher level eligibility
• 100 & 110cm Show Jumping at the Intermediate Winter Championships
• BRC BE League to include both Novice and Intermediate level
• Veteran Rider & Horse dressage at Elementary/Medium Pick a Test at National Championships
• Grassroots training for 2018 will focus on dressage and these dates will be advertised in January.
BRC Interdressage Online Winter League 2017/2018
The BRC Interdressage Winter League has just started, with lots of monthly tests in dressage, style jumping
and showing to take part in, via videoing and submitting tests online. All undertaken without the need to travel
to a venue or get dressed up to compete. A great way to practice and get some top tips during the winte
months. For further information visit the Interdressage website.